Gary Weiner is a mediator who practices throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, Sonoma County and throughout California. Real estate, wills, trusts and estates, personal injury, business and contract disputes and all other areas of general civil litigation.
Call 707-483-1816 or email me to arrange a consultation about your mediation. I have conference space available throughout California. I look forward to speaking with you. I meet with clients all over the Bay Area.
GARY WEINER ATTORNEY MEDIATOR
I've been a mediator for decades and mediate in Northern California and in Los Angeles as well. A bit of my experience:
- One of the first chairs of the Sonoma County Bar ADR Section
- Director of the Sonoma County Superior Court Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Member of State Bar ADR Committee
- Member of Mediation Society
- Mediation Program Administrator Court of Appeal First Appellate District
- Member of ABA Section on Dispute Resolution
- Author of influential white paper “A Call for Evidence Based Mediation Quality Standards” and chair of the ABA Mediation Research Task Force
- Broad array of mediated cases in most areas of general civil litigation ranging from multi-party country lane easement disputes to billion-dollar refinery environmental appeal, high dollar trust disputes to partition actions involving hundreds of acres in Wine County worth millions working with lawyers from the largest firms in the country to solo practitioners in rural Sonoma County
- Trainer, speaker, author on variety of mediation topics
- Mediation Confidentiality program for Mediation Society
- Lecture on Empirical Research, Monarsh Law Chambers, Melbourne, Australia
- Mediation Trainer High Courts of Mumbai and Delhi, India
- Mediation training Sonoma State University Extended Education
I have the experience and resources to help parties from all walks of life reach effective resolution of disputes in almost any field.
A note for real estate agents, attorneys and buyers/sellers
I am on the California Association of Realtors' panel of mediators. Due to the numerous legal issues that can arise during real estate disputes, it is vital to have an attorney who is well-versed in both the law and the mediation process. Call 707-483-1816.
A MEDIATION PRACTICE BUILT ON EXPERIENCE AND RESEARCH
I have built my mediation practice on scientific research around what works in mediation. For example, in appropriate cases, I will meet with each side in advance of the date set for mediation in person to explain mediation and help you prepare for it. Why? Because empirical research shows it to be highly correlated with an increase in mediated resolutions.
I didn't just write the paper on using empirical research to guide mediation — I practice it daily.